This policy sets out how ITG uses and protects any information that you give ITG when you use this website.
ITG is committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this web site, or by completing forms as part of your course, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this statement. You can rest assured that our site is safe to use it is certified as secure through its GeoTrust SSL Certificate.
Should you need to contact us, you can do so by emailing: email@example.com, by calling us on 01206 805380 or by mail to:-
ITG Instructor Training Limited - (Data Controller)
650 The Crescent
Colchester Business Park
Colchester, Essex CO4 9YQ
ITG may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date, please let us know if there are any changes to be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy applies to all of the websites we operate and covers, what we collect, how and why we collect it, what we do with the information and your rights.
It does not apply to information we hold about companies and organisations, it only applies to personal data we hold about individuals.
Payment - By credit/debit card.
We do not at any time store any credit card details, online bookings are made through Bookeo which directs you to PayPal. Telephone bookings are processed through PayPal Virtual Terminal, no card details are stored by ITG.
Information we collect about you and how it is collected
The information listed below may be collected if you register your interest or book on our courses through the website, the legal basis for processing the data is legitimate interests in most cases, to enable us to provide information about your qualifications and improve our services as listed below.
Your employer may purchase a course on your behalf and provide us with your name and work email address so that we can register you on the course and email you joining instructions or your login so that you can start your online training.
We may also receive information about the status of your online training course, which would be provided by ProTrainings, so that where mandatory online training is required for your qualification, we can ensure that this has been completed prior to you attending our classroom training.
- Contact Information
- Age (only if you are completing a regulated qualification)
- Email Address
- Prior Learning Information - (details of qualifications you already hold)
- Qualifications you would like to obtain
- Billing information
- IP address
- Geographic location
When completing an enquiry form through this website your data is directed to a secure server and not via email making it more secure. However it is important for you to make sure that you maintain the security on your computer when using the internet by updates and alerts, use of a reputable antir-virus/malware software and by taking care when installing plug-ins.
Why we need the information and how it is used and our legal basis for using your data.
- We may use your information to provide you with quotes, course dates and prices and other information requested by you either by email, the contact form on our sites or by telephone. Our legal basis for using the information is Legitimate Interest, so that we can provide you with a service you have requested.
- We may use your contact information to provide you with invoices and receipts, joining instructions, pre and post course information and reminders. Our legal basis for using the information in this way is Legitimate Interest to make sure that you have the information you need for the course that you or your employer has purchased.
- By providing information about your prior learning and current qualifications, we can tailor training or ensure that the training you are undertaking is suitable for you, our legal basis for using this information is Legitimate Interest to make sure that you are qualified and able to gain the qualifications you require and to make sure that your tutor can make sure you get the most from your training.
- We may contact you about other courses or training equipment that you may need to deliver your own courses. Our legal basis would be Legitimate Interest, to help us to grow our business and to help promote continued learning.
- All learners who complete a course with ITG have the option to provide feedback through our booking interface. We love to hear how are customers are enjoying our courses and provide them with the opportunity to leave feedback for our services, this is optional and testimonials are selected at random and displayed on our testimonials page on this site. Our legal basis for using the information is Legitimate Interest to promote and improve our services.
- We may need to contact you directly for quality assurance purposes, this may be either us directly or ProTrainings Europe Limited or one of the Awarding Organisations that ITG certifies through. The legal basis would be legitimate interest, to ensure that a high quality of training is provided and that our learners have access to certifying bodies in the unlikely event that they have cause to raise a complaint about training provided.
- We are obliged to hold information relating to financial transactions, these would include invoices, payment information and statements. Our Legal Basis for retaining this is that we are legally obliged to do so by HMRC.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate business interests we always ensure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection laws and if you do not want us to contact you, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
Where do we store data.
- Data relating to enquiries and all teaching/ assessing and IQA qualifications including FPOS and FROS is stored on secure servers in the EU.
- Data relating to First Aid at Work qualifications, BTEC Level 4 FPOS and FROS only is stored in the EU/US on secure GDPR compliant services with Privacy Shield.
- Any other data is stored on our secure server.
Who we share your data with and why we share it.
We only share data where necessary for certification purposes and to provide you with access to online training for certain qualifications which are provided by ProTrainings Europe Limited. We may provide you with equipment information from within our group of companies. Any organisation with whom we share your data has been identified as meeting the requirements under the GDPR regulations.
We may share your data with:-
- Training Qualifications UK - To provide regulated certificates for Teaching/Assessing and Verifying qualifications.
- Pearson Edexcel - To provide you with regulated certificates for the BTEC Level 4 Extended Certificate in First Person on Scene (RQF).
- Futurequals - To provide you with regulated certificates for the Level 3 Certificate for First Responder on Scene (RQF).
- ProTrainings Europe Limited (our sister company)- To provide certification for First Aid at Work Qualifications and for the online training modules for First Aid Instructor, FPOS, FROS and Pet Instructor Courses.
- ITG Supplies Limited (our sister company) - To provide you with quotes or information about first aid equipment - only at your request.
- IT technical support providers and Virtual Learning Environment technical support providers.
- Other organisations who meet the requirements under the new General Data Protection Regulations for purposes unrelated to marketing.
- Bookeo our online booking system and our online form processor Formsite. Both of which meet the requirements under the new GDPR regulations.
We may share your information for any of the purpose set out above with strategic partners of service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, certification or accreditation.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data for legal or regulatory purposes, in relation to existing or future legal proceedings, for the prevention of fraud/loss or to protect the rights, property, safety of ITG Instructor Training Limited, our customers or others.
Updating or Correcting Information
It is important to us that the data we hold is accurate, if your information has changed, please let us know so that we can update it by emailing us at email@example.com.
How long we hold the information for
We are obliged to keep some information relating to regulated qualifications for seven years, this information may include:-
- Your name
- The date of your qualification
- Your certificate number(s)
- Course paperwork
Information is stored by Us on computers located in the UK. We may transfer the information to other offices and to other reputable third-party organisations as explained above – they may be situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. We may also store information in paper files.
ITG Instructor Training have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly. We ensure that your data is stored securely to protect against its loss, misuse and alteration.
ITG Instructor Training takes steps to ensure that any businesses that we share your data with will have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored correctly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information. We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
When we no longer need information, we will always dispose of it securely, using specialist companies if necessary to do this work for us.
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right to ask for copies of your data, to ask for your data to be corrected, you can request erasure of your data, or object to our processing your data You also have the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing, ask us to restrict the process and where our systems allow, the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you (a subject access request).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us in writing at ITG Instructor Training Limited, 650 The Crescent, Colchester Business Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 9YQ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to register any concerns or would like more information about the data we hold, please contact us at email@example.com
For more information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations please go to https://www.ico.org.uk
If you have any questions, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01206 805380